Gas Pressure Washers: What Should I Know?
While gas pressure washers have been around for a while, they’ve only recently become popular for home use. If you’re considering purchasing a gas pressure washer, there are a few things you should know about how they work and what tasks they can be used for.
Gas pressure washers use an engine to power a pump that builds up water pressure. This high water pressure is then used to blast away dirt, grime, and other debris from surfaces.
Benefits of Using a Gas Pressure Washer
- More powerful than electric pressure washers
- Can be used for tougher cleaning jobs
- Ideal for cleaning driveways, sidewalks, decks, patios, and cars
- Can remove paint, graffiti, or stubborn stains
Drawbacks of Using a Gas Pressure Washer
- Requires gas and oil (which must be mixed together)
- Vibrates more than electric pressure washers
- Produces emissions
With gas prices relatively low right now, gas pressure washers are a great option for those who need a powerful machine for tough jobs. However, keep in mind that gas pressure washers require gas and oil (which must be mixed together), can be quite noisy, and tend to vibrate more than electric pressure washers.